1. GARGANTUAN (ADJECTIVE): (विशाल): enormous
Synonyms: massive, huge
Example Sentence:Tigers and lions have a gargantuan appetite.
2. RELATIVE (ADJECTIVE): (तुलनात्मक): comparative
Synonyms: respective, comparable
Example Sentence:The relative effectiveness of the various mechanisms is not known.
3. SUBSTANTIAL (ADJECTIVE): (प्रबल): sturdy
Synonyms: solid, stout
Example Sentence:He lives near the row of substantial Victorian villas.
4. EFFICACY (NOUN): (प्रभावोत्पादकता): effectiveness
Synonyms: success, potency
Example Sentence:There is little information on the efficacy of this treatment.
5. INTRIGUE (VERB): (दिलचस्प बनाना): interest
Synonyms: fascinate, attract
Example Sentence:The whole class was intrigued by his unique question.
6. BLIGHT (NOUN): (यातना): affliction
Synonyms: scourge, bane
Example Sentence:The vacant properties are a blight on the neighborhood.
7. UNACCEPTABLE (ADJECTIVE): (अस्वीकार्य): intolerable
Synonyms: insufferable, unsatisfactory
Example Sentence:His behavior was unacceptable.
8. CONSIDERABLE (ADJECTIVE): (ध्यान देने लायक़): distinguished
Synonyms: noteworthy, noted
Example Sentence:Snow was a limited, but still considerable, novelist.
9. MENACE (VERB): (खतरे में डालना): threaten
Synonyms: jeopardize, imperil
Example Sentence:Africa’s elephants are still menaced by poaching.
10. VACANT (ADJECTIVE): (भावशून्य): blank
Synonyms: expressionless, deadpan
Example Sentence:I came across a vacant stare.
1. ASSERTIVE (ADJECTIVE): (मुखर): Confident
Synonyms: Forceful, Self-confident
Example Sentence: The job may call for assertive behavior.
2. SLOPPY (ADJECTIVE): (लापरवाह): Careless
Synonyms: Slapdash, Slipshod
Example Sentence: We gave away a goal through sloppy defending.
3. THRIVE (VERB): (फलना-फूलना): Flourish
Synonyms: Prosper Burgeon
Example Sentence: Education groups tend to thrive on organization.
4. CONVENTIONAL (ADJECTIVE): (मानक): Normal
Synonyms: Standard, Regular
Example Sentence: A conventional morality had dictated behavior.
5. SABOTAGE (VERB): (नुक़सान पहुंचाना): Wreck
Synonyms: Vandalize, Destroy
Example Sentence: Power lines from South Africa were sabotaged by rebel forces.
6. ABEYANCE (ADJECTIVE): (निलम्बन): Suspension
Synonyms: Remission, Suspense
Antonyms: In Hand
Example Sentence: Matters were held in abeyance pending further enquiries.
7. ABRIDGE (VERB): (संक्षेप करना): Shorten
Synonyms: Cut, Curtail
Example Sentence: The introduction is abridged from the author’s afterword to the novel.
8. SPUR (VERB): (प्रोत्साहित करना): Stimulate
Synonyms: Encourage, Prompt
Example Sentence: Her sons’ passion for computer games spurred her to set up a software business.
9. COMPLACENCY (NOUN):(शालीनता): Smugness
Example Sentence: The figures are better, but there are no grounds for complacency.
10. DESCEND (VERB): (उतरना): Drop
Synonyms: Go down, Come down
Example Sentence: The aircraft began to descend.
1. CRITICAL (ADJECTIVE): (महत्वपूर्ण): Crucial
Synonyms: Vital, Essential
Example Sentence: Temperature is a critical factor in successful fruit storage.
2. DISPENSE (VERB): (मुक्त होना): Waive
Synonyms: Omit, Drop
Example Sentence: Let’s dispense with the formalities, shall we?”
3. OBNOXIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (अप्रिय): Unpleasant
Synonyms: Disagreeable, Nasty
Example Sentence: They overthrew the chancellor who was very obnoxious to them.
4. ANNIHILATE (VERB): (मिटा देना): Destroy
Synonyms: Wipe out, Obliterate
Example Sentence: A simple bomb could also annihilate a lot of things.
5. CONFER (VERB): (प्रदान करना):Bestow on
Synonyms: Present with/to, Grant to
Example Sentence: The Minister may have exceeded the powers conferred on him by Parliament.
6. VEX (VERB): (खीझाना): Annoy
Synonyms: Irritate, Infuriate
Example Sentence: The memory of the conversation still vexed him.
7. DEEM (VERB): (मानना): Consider
Synonyms: Judge, Adjudge
Example Sentence: The event was deemed a great success.
8. UNBRIDLED (ADJECTIVE): (निरंकुश): Unrestrained
Synonyms: Unconstrained, Uncontrolled
Example Sentence: He had a moment of unbridled ambition.
9. HUMILIATE (VERB): (अपमानित करना): Embarrass
Synonyms: Mortify, Humble
Example Sentence: You’ll humiliate me in front of the whole school!
10. BARBARIC (ADJECTIVE): (निर्दयी): Cruel
Example Sentence: He carried out barbaric acts in the name of war.