1. Who founded the Brahmo Samaj
Ans. Raja Ram Mohan Roy
2. Where is the headquarters of the United Nations located?
Ans. New York
3. At present how many countries are members of the United Nations?
4. How many countries are members of the United Nations Security Council?
5. How many countries are permanent members of the United Nations Security Council?
6. Where is the International Court of Justice located?
Ans. in The Hague, Holland
7. Who was the Indian who gave a speech in Hindi at United Nations General Assembly?
Ans. Atal Bihari Vajpayee
8. For how many years are the temporary members of the United Nations Security Council elected?
Ans. 2 years
9. Which country became the 193rd member of the United Nations?
Ans. South Sudan
10. Port Louis is the capital of which country?
Ans. of Mauritius
11. When is Hindi Diwas celebrated?
Ans. 14 September
12. By which article of the constitution was Hindi declared as the national language?
Ans. Article 343
13. After how many years have the Olympic Games been organized?
Ans. 4 years
14. India’s highest award is
Ans. Bharat Ratna
15. Who was the President of the Constituent Assembly formed to make the Constitution of India?
Ans. Dr. Rajendra Prasad
16. For which product is Aligarh famous?
Ans. to make locks
17. In which Indian state is the ‘Visakhapatnam’ port located?
Ans. Andhra Pradesh
18. How many planets are there in our solar family?
19. Whose work is ‘Shahnama’?
20. Where did the last Mughal ruler Bahadur Shah Zafar die?
21. What was the name of Mahatma Gandhi’s wife?
Ans. Kasturba Gandhi
22. Who was the founder of the Indian National Congress?
Ans. A. O. Hume
23. Who was the first Indian Governor General of independent India?
Ans. C. Rajagopalachari
24. Who founded Prarthana Samaj?
Ans. Atmaram Pandurang
25. Maldives is the island of which ocean?
Ans. Indian Ocean
26. The boundary between India and Pakistan was determined?
Ans. by Radcliffe Line
27. In which state is the Dhauliganga Public Power Project located?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
28. The coronation of Shivaji took place in-
Ans. In 1674 AD
29. Where did the British set up their first factory in India?
30. Where is the Gobi desert located?
Ans. in Mongolia
31. What are the names of the cities located at both ends of the Suez Canal?
Ans. Suez and Port Said
32. Who discovered the sea route to India via ‘Cape of Good Hope’?
Ans. Vasco da Gama
33. Where was the earliest Dutch colony in India?
34. How many times Shivaji looted Surat?
35. Who was the first Muslim President of the Indian National Congress?
Ans. Badruddin Tyabji
36. Who was the first English President of the Indian National Congress?
Ans. George Yule
37. Which Brigadier was associated with the Jallianwala Bagh incident?
Ans. general dyer
38. Which is the planet at the closest distance from the Earth?
39. Where is the ozone layer located?
Ans. in the stratosphere
40. Who was the founder of ‘Servants of India Society’?
Ans. Yes. Of. Gokhale
41. Who founded ‘Bharat Sevak Samaj’?
Ans. Gopal Krishna Gokhale
42. Where are Savanna grasslands found?
Ans. in Africa
43. Damascus is the capital of which country?
Ans. of Syria
44. Which lake is situated between Hyderabad and Secunderabad?
Ans. Hussain Sagar Lake
45. Who was the first woman ruler of India?
Ans. Razia Sultan
46. In which country paper was invented?
47. The lightest metal is
48. The heaviest metal is
49. The hardest metal is
50. Which is the largest ocean in the world?
Ans. Pacific Ocean
51. Invented radar
Ans. Taylor & Young
52. Who discovered gravity
53. X-rays discovered
54. D.N. A. modeled the structure
Ans. Watson and Crick
55. Who gave the slogan “Inquilab Zindabad”?
Ans. Bhagat Singh
56. Who gave the slogan “You give me blood, I will give you freedom”?
Ans. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
57. Who gave the slogan “Maro Firangi Ko”?
Ans. Mangal Pandey
58. Who gave the slogan “Sarfaroshi ki tamanna, ab hamare dil mein hai, dekhna hai zor kitna baaju-e-kaatil mein hai”?
Ans. Ramprasad Bismil
59. Who gave the title of Mahatma to Gandhiji?
Ans. Rabindranath Tagore
60. The best coal is
61. Nobel gas is called
62. Who was the author of the book ‘My Experiments with Truth’?
Ans. Mahatma Gandhi
63. Which is the highest Indian award given in the field of film?
Ans. Dadasaheb Phalke Award
64. Who is called Shakespeare of India?
Ans. to Kalidas
65. When was the Battle of Plassey?
Ans. 1757 AD
66. Who is the first person to step on the moon?
Ans. Neil Armstrong
67. Who is the first Indian to go into space?
Ans. Rakesh Sharma
68. What is the name of the first Indian satellite and when was it released?
Ans. Aryabhata Sun, in 1975
69. Who is the current Secretary General of the United Nations?
70. Pengha disease is caused by the deficiency of?
71. Which gland secretes insulin?
72. With which game is Durand Cup related?
73. How many Indian languages have been recognized in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution?
74. What is the currency of China?
75. What is the first element to be made in the laboratory?
75 Gk Questions In English With Answers
76. What is the first satellite left by India?
77. Discovered penicillin?
Ans. Alexander Fleming
78. Who discovered the smallpox vaccine?
79. Who is the father of biology?
80. Who is the inventor of dynamite?
Ans. Alfred Noble
81. Which is the biggest bone?
Ans. femur of thigh
82. Which is the smallest bone?
Ans. stapes ear
83. Which is the biggest flower in the world?
84. Which vitamin contains cobalt
85. Anemia is cured by which vitamin?
86. Which part of the body is affected by typhoid
86. Who discovered the rabies vaccine
Ans. Louis Pasteur
87. Cholera and TB bacteria were discovered
Ans. Robert Koch (1982)
88. Who started the ‘Bhoodan Movement’?
Ans. Vinobha Bhave
89 When was the battle of Plassey?
Ans. 1757 AD
90. Which line is parallel to the equator?
91. The capital of Manipur is
92. Which city of India is known as ‘Pink City’?
93. When was the atomic bomb dropped on Japan?
Ans. in 1945
94. Which country is known as the ‘Land of the Rising Sun’?
95. Who was the first President of the Republic of India?
Ans. Dr. Rajendra Prasad
96. Who presides over the meetings of Rajya Sabha?
Ans. vice president
97. Where is the famous Shilotkirna (stone cut) Kailash temple located?
98. How many longitudes does the earth travel in one hour?
99. When was the civil disobedience movement started?
100. Apart from the national anthem of India, Rabindranath Tagore wrote the national anthem of which other country?