541. What is the commercial name of calcium nitrate?
542. Which are the important phosphatic fertilisers?
Calcium superphosphate, nitro phosphate & triple phosphate
543. Which kind of fertiliser is Thomas slag?
544. What is the name of the mixture of nitrogenous, phosphatic & potash fertilisers in suitable amounts?
545. Which is the example of fertiliser available in the gaseous form?
546. What are the examples of thermoplastics?
Polythene, nylon, celluloid & polystyrene
547. What are the examples of thermo¬setting plastics?
Bakelite, melamine, terylene & Glyptal
548. used to kill unwanted plants?
549. Which was the first widely used herbicide?
2,4-D (2, 4- Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid)
550. Which type of pesticides are atrazine & glyphosate?
551. The chemicals used to treat lice are known as——-
552. Malathion & lindane are examples for which type of pesticides?
553. The category of pest control chemicals intended to kill rodents are known as——
554. Difethialone & Zinc phosphide are examples for which type of pesticides?
555. Endosulfan is an example of——
556. What is the fullform of DDT?
Dichloro diphenyl trichloroethane
557. In which year the Insecticides Act came into force in India?
558. Which are the four colours used in the toxicity label of pesticides in India?
Red, Yellow, Blue & Green
559. What is the colour of the label of the extremely toxic pesticides?
560. Which are the examples of red labelled pesticides?
Zinc phosphide & Monocrotophos
561. What is the colour of the label of the pesticides having high toxicity?
562. Which are the examples of yellow labelled insecticides?
Endosulfan, carbaryl & quinalphos
563. What is the colour of the label of the pesticides having moderate toxicity?
564. Which are the examples of blue labelled pesticides?
Malathion, glyphosate & thiram
565. Which colour is used to label the slightly toxic pesticides?
566. What are the examples of green labelled pesticides?
Mosquito repellant liquids & mancozeb
567. Which polymer is used to make combs, phonograph records, handles of various utensils & electric switches?
568. Which polymer is used to make unbreakable crockery?
Melamine – formaldehyde polymer
569. Which polymer is used in the manufacturing of paints & lacquers?
570. Which is the first fully synthetic fibre developed in 1931?
571. Vegetable containing Sulphur:
572. In refrigerators, the liquid used as refrigerant is:
573. The National chemical laboratory is situated in:
574. The substance that contains the maximum amount of nitrogen is:
575. The branch of chemistry dealing with the accurate determination of amounts of various substance is called: