- In Khelo India games, in men’s weightlifting, under 102 kg category, Vamsi of Andhra Pradesh won the gold medal, Ankur Tiwari of Maharashtra won the silver and Kapil Sonowal from Assam won the bronze medal.
- Huge and enthusiastic crowd is being witnessed at the ‘Bharat Parv’ which is underway at the Red Fort in Delhi as part of the Republic Day celebrations.
- The Government has declared ‘Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI)’ as an ‘Unlawful Association’ for a further period of five years under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA) 1967.
- Ahead of the Budget Session of Parliament, the government has convened an all party meeting tomorrow to ensure smooth functioning of both the Houses.
- As part of Republic Day Celebrations, ‘Beating the Retreat’ ceremony was held at the historic Vijay Chowk in New Delhi this evening.
- PM Modi asserts, government strives to make nation where present and future generations have chance to show their capabilities; Interacts with students, teachers and parents in Pariksha Pe Charcha program
- INS Sumitra Rescues 17 Hostages, Thwarts Piracy Attempt on Iranian Fishing Vessel ‘Iman’ near Somalia
- The Financial Year 2024 marks the third successive year of over seven percent growth of the Indian economy. According to the January edition of the Indian Economy Review by the Department of Economic Affairs
- Election Commission Announces Rajya Sabha Polls for 56 Seats in 15 States; Polling on 27th February
- Agriculture Minister Arjun Munda Launches Framework for Carbon Market in Agriculture Sector, Highlights Farmers’ Crucial Role in Economy and Environment
- Defence Secretary Giridhar Aramane to be on a two-day visit to Oman
- SADA TANSEEQ, joint military exercise between India and Saudi Arabia commences in Rajasthan
- Union Education Ministry has said that nearly a hundred students from across the country will participate in week-long exposure tours to Auroville under the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat programme.
- External Affairs Minister Jaishankar discusses West Asia situation with Israeli counterpart Katz
- Maldives Opposition Initiates Impeachment Motion Against President Muizzu with 55 Signatures
- Arab Health 2024 Returns to Dubai, Attracting Global Healthcare Leaders; India’s Active Participation Highlights Growing Trade Opportunities
- Three US service members killed and 34 injured in drone strike by militant groups on a US base in northeast Jordan, Iraqi Resistance Group Claims Responsibility for Drone Attack on US Soldiers
- Japan’s Moon lander has resumed operations after being shut for a week due to a power supply issue. After nine days of uncertainty following its landing, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency successfully established communication with Smart Lander
- Indian Tennis star Rohan Bopanna makes history by becoming oldest man to reach World Number One position in ATP Doubles Rankings
- In air rifle shooting, Indian Olympian Divyasnsh Singh Panwar had struck gold in the men’s event with a world record score in the final.
- In Cricket, India beat the USA by 201 runs in their final group game of the ICC U19 Men’s Cricket World Cup 2024 at Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein in South Africa.
- India enters into Quarter-Finals of FIH Hockey’s Men’s World Cup beating Jamaica in final Pool B match in Muscat
- ICC lifts suspension of Sri Lanka Cricket after two-months
- In Hockey, the Indian Men’s Hockey Team opened their FIH Hockey5s Men’s World Cup Oman 2024 campaign with a brilliant 9-1 victory against Switzerland