866. Which chemical is used for the preservation of a biological specimen?
867. What are the constituent elements of sugar?
Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen
868. Which type of glass can cut off ultraviolet rays?
869. Which process is used in dairies to seperate cream from milk?
870. What colour phenolphthalein turns in the presence of bases?
871. What colour is shown by a neutral solution in the universal indicator?
872. Which chemical acts as the chief agent in attracting mosquitoes to humans?
873. Which chemical has the nickname of the Salt of Hartshorn’?
874. Which element is industrially produced through the Claus Process?
875. What is known as ‘the Magic Metal of Life’?
876. Which organism can travel in accordance with the magnetic field of the earth?
877. Bessemer process is associated with the production of —————–
878. What is the unit of potential difference?
879. What is known as ‘the Metal of the Future’
880.The Electromotive force (emf) of a voltaic cell:
881. The instrument used to measure the thick¬ness of ozone:
882. The metal present in chloroplast:
883. The whitest compound is ever known:
884. Rigid Stiffening of muscles shortly after death is called
885. Rings around the sun is due to
886. Sal ammoniac
887. The scientist who discovered that the body of the animal is made up of cells
– Theodor Schwann
888. The scientist who discovered that the body of the plant is made up of cells
– M.J. Schleiden
889. Sclerometer is used to measure the
– hardness of materials.
890. ………….. is used to coat the photocopying drum of the Xerox machine.
891. Skating on ice is possible due to the phenomenon of :
892. The skeletal system of the cell –
– Endoplasmic Reticulum
893. ………………… is used as a preservative to prevent spoilage of squashes and jams.
– Sodium Benzoate
894……………….. is the time of the year when the difference between the length of days and length of nights is the longest.
895. The spherical shape of raindrops is due to
– Surface Tension
896. Spondylitis affects
– spinal cord.
897. Star appears to be twinkling due to
898. Stress hormone in the plant is
– Abscisic acid
899. Study of cells
900. The substance which is known as ‘Supercooled liquid’ is