1. CONDONE (VERB): to excuse
Synonyms: forgive, pardon Antonyms: condemn, punish
2. BRISK (ADJECTIVE): active
Synonyms: lively, vigorous Antonyms: lethargic, sluggish
The brisk reaction of the bomb diffusion squad helped avert the accident.
3. CERTITUDE (NOUN): sureness
Synonyms: conviction, assuredness Antonyms: uncertainty, distrust
The certitude of Manik’s job in army is a result of his qualifications.
4. ADVERTENT (ADJECTIVE): alert
Synonyms: attentive, watchful Antonyms: inattentive, unobservant
Everybody is familiar with the advertent nature of the guard of our society.
5. AFFINITY (NOUN): fondness
Synonyms: liking, closeness Antonyms: dislike, dissimilarity
He had a special affinity with paintings.
6. BRACE (VERB): support
Synonyms: steady, secure Antonyms: loosen, weaken
He braced his back against the wall.
7. ABNEGATE (VERB): renounce
Synonyms: relinquish, abdicate Antonyms: accept, retain
Our Prime Minister has abnegated the luxuries of life.
8. ABSTEMIOUS (ADJECTIVE): Characterized by abstinence
Synonyms: moderate, continent Antonyms: greedy, gluttonous
Rashi wants to live a quiet, abstemious life.
9. ABSTRUSE (ADJECTIVE): Difficult to understand
Synonyms: obscure, intricate Antonyms: obvious, clear
Rahul avoided the professor’s abstruse lectures.
10. ARTIFICE (NOUN): clever act
Synonyms: gimmick, ruse Antonyms: sincerity, simplicity
Mine photographs were full of artifice.