1. INTRANSIGENT (ADJECTIVE):(हठी): uncompromising
Synonyms: inflexible, unbending
2. CUTTING-EDGE (ADJECTIVE): (अत्यधिक उन्नत): highly advanced
Synonyms: innovative, pioneering
The firm introduced some cutting-edge technology.
3. ANGST (NOUN): (उत्कंठा): anxiety
Synonyms: fear, dread
The middle classes go through existential angst.
4. ACCREDIT (VERB): (मान्य करना): recognize
Synonyms: license, authorize
Institutions that do not meet the standards will not be accredited for teacher training.
5. INDIGENOUS (NOUN): (स्वदेशी): native
Synonyms: aboriginal, local
The most indigenous inhabitants were the American Indians.
Synonyms: disreputable, dishonourable
The magazine published scandalous pictures of the movie star.
7. ACQUIT (VERB): (बरी करना): absolve
Synonyms: clear, exonerate
One was brought to trial on a charge of affray and was acquitted.
8. RETROGADE (ADJECTIVE): (प्रतिगामी): regressive
Synonyms: negative, downhill
To go back on the progress that has been made would be a retrograde step.
9. PERSEVERANCE (NOUN): (दृढ़ता): persistence
Synonyms: tenacity, determination
His perseverance with the technique illustrates his single-mindedness.
10. BANKRUPT (ADJECTIVE): (दिवालिया): insolvent
Synonyms: bankrupted, failed
His father went bankrupt and the family had to sell their home.