- SAGACIOUS (ADJECTIVE): (मेधावी):wise
Antonyms: stupid, foolish
They were sagacious enough to avoid any outright confrontation.
2. ENDEAVOUR (VERB): (प्रयास करना): try
Synonyms: attempt, venture
He is endeavouring to help the Third World.
3. OUTRIGHT (ADVERB): (पूर्णतः): wholly
Synonyms: completely, entirely
Antonyms: in part, partially
Logging has been banned outright.
4. INCESSANT (ADJECTIVE): (निरंतर): ceaseless
Synonyms: unceasing, constant
Antonyms: intermittent, occasional
The incessant beat of the music is very soothing.
5. INEXORABLE (ADJECTIVE): (अपरिहार्य): relentless
Synonyms: unstoppable, unavoidable
The seemingly inexorable march of new technology.
6. CONTEMPLATE (VERB): (विचार करना): ponder
Synonyms: view, examine
He contemplated his image in the mirrors.
7. CONFRONT (VERB): (सामना करना): challenge
Synonyms: oppose, resist
300 policemen confronted an equal number of union supporters.
8. PRE-EMINENT (ADJECTIVE): (प्रतिष्ठित): illustrious
Synonyms: distinguished, renowned
Antonyms: unimportant, unknown
Example Sentence: The world’s pre-eminent experts had divided opinions.
9. MITIGATE (VERB): (कम करना): alleviate
Synonyms: reduce, weaken
Antonyms: aggravate, intensify
Drainage schemes have helped to mitigate this problem.
10. SUBSEQUENT (ADJECTIVE): (आगामी): following
Synonyms: ensuing, succeeding
Antonyms: previous, prior
The theory was developed subsequent to the earthquake of 1906.