1. DIGNIFIED (ADJECTIVE): (प्रतिष्ठित): stately
Synonyms: noble, courtly
2. DETAIN (VERB): (हिरासत में लेना): hold
Synonyms: take into custody, seize
Customs officers may detain goods for up to two days.
3. RESILIENT (ADJECTIVE): (मज़बूत): strong
Synonyms: tough, hardy
Babies are generally far more resilient than new parents realize.
4. ADHERE (VERB): (पालन करना): stick
Synonyms: comply with, stand by
It is wise to adhere to the rules of your parents.
5. SEIZURE (NOUN): (अभिग्रहण): capture
Synonyms: occupation, takeover
The seizure of the Assembly building was an immediate decision.
6. BICKER (VERB): (झगड़ना): squabble
Synonyms: argue, quarrel
Many couples bicker over tiny issues.
7. CLAMPDOWN (NOUN): (शिकंजा कसना): suppression
Synonyms: prevention, stopping
Antonyms: let go
A clampdown on crime is essential.
8. PERIL (NOUN): (विपत्ति): danger
Synonyms: jeopardy, risk
You could well place us both in peril.
9. SUBMERGE (VERB): (डूबना): dive
Synonyms: sink, plunge
The U-boat had had time to submerge.
10. HARBOUR (VERB): (शरण देना): shelter
Synonyms: conceal, hide
Antonyms: hand over
He was suspected of harbouring an escaped prisoner.