The term ‘IIT’ stands for the Indian Institute Of Technology. This is said to be the most reputed educational entity that offers higher education in different disciplines of engineering. There are sixteen IITs across India. All of these establishments are connected and authorized by the Institute of Technology Act, 1961.
Institute Of Technology conducts diverse undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of Mechanical engineering, computer science, architecture and planning, electrical engineering, civil engineering, and electronics engineering. IIT Council monitors the administrations of these sixteen establishments.
What is the Contribution of IIT in the Field of Science?
The full meaning of IIT has a huge contribution to the field of science. This institute shapes meritorious students to generate new solutions to different complex problems. There are ample IIT scientists who are now introducing amazing inventions in different areas of technology. Else, the Institute Of Technology is best known for producing brilliant engineers to pave the way for India in the field of science.
What is an IIT degree?
The IITs offer various undergraduate and postgraduate, doctorate programs all over India. These courses are mainly in the fields such as science, engineering, and technology. All over 23 IITs offer a total of 250 courses for the B. Tech degree.
Degrees Programs available at IITs
- Bachelor of Science
- Dual Degree, i.e., B. Tech and M. Tech
- Dual degree (BS + MS)
- B. Arch is also known as Bachelor of Architecture
- B. Des (Bachelor of Design)
- A joint course for M. Sc and Ph. D
- MS (Master of Science)
- Dual degree (MSc + PhD)
- MDes ( Master of Design)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- MPhil (Master of Philosophy)
What is the Value of Studying at IIT?
First of all, the IIT abbreviation has a strong impact on the field of education. This organization only selects the cream students in terms of merit from lakhs of applicants. After a student gets the chance to study in this institution, his/her excellence is proved automatically. IIT solidifies the base of the students so that they don’t need to chase success, rather the success will run after them.
How to Get Selected in IIT?
There are lakhs of applicants who seek admission to IIT each year. Indian Institute Of Technology conducts an entrance exam for the screening process. You will have to clear JEE Main to appear in JEE Advanced. If you pass both the hurdles you can confirm your admission to this reputed institution. However, if you wish to get selected you must work hard for the preparation.
- JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. It is an engineering entrance exam. It is conducted to get admission in one of the prestigious engineering institutes, i.e., the IITs. However, few private and government colleges also consider the JEE score for admitting students to their institutions.
- JEE has two categories: The first is JEE Mains and the second is JEE Advanced. The students who clear JEE Mains are the ones who can take the JEE Advanced exam. The ones who crack the JEE Advanced exam land up in the IITs.
- The JEE is conducted by the JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) for a total of 23 IITs and 19 govt. institutes located all over India.
- JEE Main has three papers. Paper 1 is for engineering and technical education fields whereas Paper 2 is for architecture admissions. Paper 3 is for B Planning courses.
Is the Entrance Exam for IIT Tough?
The entrance exam for the Indian Institute Of Technology has to be tough to filter numerous applications. The questions are tricky and require excellence to answer correctly. Without rigorous practice and a thorough overview of the syllabus, it is next to impossible to reserve a seat in this prominent educational institute.
When Should You Start Taking Preparation for IIT?
There is no such fixed time for taking IIT preparation. All you need to start solidifying your base and clear your conception on different topics of science, from class IX. You can easily crack the entrance exam if you have the basic knowledge and a clear idea about the methods of technology. However, to secure your position you should continue sharpening your knowledge from now on.
What are the 16 IITs in India?
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT Gandhinagar
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Patna
- IIT Ropar
- IIT Indore
- IIT Mandi
- IIT BHU
- IIT Dhanbad
- IIT Palakkad
- IIT Tirupati
Perks of getting into IITs
Every institute today provides quality education so it really doesn’t matter if you study from an IIT or a tier 1,2 or 3 college, what matters is what you get to learn in those institutes. But there are few students who dream to get into IIT and hence to boost your confidence here are some perks to be known about IITs.
- You get to study and learn in one of the premium institutes in the country.
- You get to study along with the best brains in the country and hence get exposure to many new learning experiences.
- You get a one to one guidance from some most experienced teachers and alumni.
- It’s not just about engineering but you also get to develop your skills and acquire great achievements.