96. Bile is stored in?
97. World coconut day is celebrated on
Answer: September 2
98. To which category does onion belong?
99. What disease is caused by intake of saturated fats?
Answer: Cardiac problems
100. Our body gets the continuous supply of energy through the process called
101. If seeds are ploughed very deep in the soil they do not germinate because of
Answer: lack of oxygen
102. What is the function of vitamin B9
Answer: helps the formation of RBC
103. The deficiency disease due to ‘VitaminE’
Answer: Sterility or infertility
104. Some animals have a unique method of bringing oxygen directly to the cells. These are
105. A person will have brown eyes, blue eyes or black eyes depending upon the particular pigment present in the
106. The transport of organic substances in plants is through
107. The poverty line for rural areas in India is determined on the basis of the minimum average daily consumption of
Answer: 2400 calories
108. The excess glucose in the liver is stored in the form of
109. Which is known as ‘Provitamin A’?
110. Which country is known as the ‘Sugar Bowl of the world’?
111. Who discovered blood circulations
Answer: Willian Harvey
112. The part of the brain which regulates the voluntary action
113. Which type of lens is used to correct the defect of vision called Astigmatism
Answer: cylindrical lens
114. The movement of eggs from the ovaries to the uterus proceeds through the
Answer: fallopian tube
115. A true fruit develops from the
116. Genetic engineering belong to the science of
117. The outer layer of skin on the human body is called the
118. Study of ants is called
119. A nonliving component of a living
120. Ringworm is a disease caused by
121. A person with blood group AB is sometimes called a universal recipient because of
Answer: lack of antibodies
122. The most important stimulant in tea
123. The functional unit in ecology is the –
124. What is responsible for diphtheria and influenza?
Answer: Bacteria and virus respectively
125. Reserpine is used to
Answer: reduce high blood pressure
126. Father of modem taxonomy –
Answer: Carl Linnaeus
127. The plant hormone which helps to flower
128. The only metal which presents in the leaf of a plant
129. The human cell contains –
Answer: 46 chromosomes
130. What is the condition known as tachycardia?
Answer: Faster heartbeat