316. The weight of a dog is 12kg more than one-fourth of its weight. Then the weight of the dog is:
(a) 14kg (b) 15kg (c) 16kg (d) 18kg
317. Crow: Bird:: Lion:?
(a) Animal (b) Forest
(c) Cave (d) Zoo
318. Which number to be added to 5820 in order to make it completely divisible by 18?
(a) 6 (b) 16 (c) 14 (d) 12
319. Pick out the one item that does not belong to the group:
(a) Rice (b) Wheat
(c) Mustard (d) Barley
320. The correct number in decimal point equivalent to 3/5 is:
(a) 0.5 (b) 0.3 (c) 0.6 (d) 0.06
321. In a code language, 13479 is written as AQFJL and 5268 is written as DMPN. How 396824 is written in the same language?
(a) QLPNMJ (b) QLPMNF
(c) QLPNMF (d) QLPNDF
322. Which one of the following fractions is the largest?
(a) 10/11 (b) 14/15 (c) 12/13 (d)13/14
323. Which is the odd one?
(a) Spring (b) Winter
(c) Rain (d) Autumn
324. If 7:X = 17.5:22.5, then the value of ‘X’ is:
(a) 9 (b) 8.5 (c) 7.5 (d) 5
325. If three days ago was the day before Sunday, what will be the day after tomorrow will be?
(a) Thursday (b) Friday
(c) Wednesday (d) Monday
326. A motorbike always has:
(a) A brake (b) A view mirror
(c) An engine (d) A horn
327. When 4572 is divided among A,B and C such that three times the A ’s
share is equal to 4 times the B’ s share is equal to 6 times the C’ s share, then A ’s share is:
(a) 1016 (b) 1518
(c) 1524 (d) 2032
328. Select the odd one:
(a) Table (b) Sofa
(c) Chair (d) Paperweight
329. The price of a jewel, passing through three hands, rises on the whole by 65%. If the first and the second sellers earned 20% and 25% profit respectively, the profit earned by the third seller is:
(a) 2 0 % (b) 15%
(c) 10% (d) 5%
330. Find the missing term in the series: ALWBMXCNYDO?
(a)Z (b) Y
(c) K (d) S
331. In selling an article for Rs.76, there is a profit of 52%. If it is sold for Rs.75, the profit percent will be:
(a) 44 (b) 46
(c) 50 (d) 48
332. Which option is different from others?
(a) 1-1 (b) 7-49
(c) 5-125 (d) 9-729
333. Find the selling price of an article if a shop keeper allows two
successive discounts of 5% each on the marked price of Rs.80:
(a) 70.20 (b) 70.10
(c) 72.00 (d) 72.20
334. ‘Mother ’ is related to ‘Offspring’ in the same way as ‘Tree’ is related to:
(a) Fruit (b) Stem
(c) Sapling (d) Root
335. A shop keeper claims to sell all of his articles at a discount of 10%
but marks his articles by increasing the cost price of each article by 20%. His gain in each article is:
(a) 8% (b) 6% (c) 10% (d) 12%
336. Which one is different from others?
(a) Pagoda (b) Monastery
(c) Temple (d) Mosque
337. A 120 m long train takes 10 seconds to cross a man standing on a platform. What is the speed of the train?
(a) 20m/s (b) 10 m/s
(c) 15m/s (d) 12m/s
338. M is the brother of T. H is the sister of N. L is the brother of R. R is the daughter of T. C is the father of H. Who among the following is the uncle of L?
(a) M (b) N (c) C (d) R
339. The least number which when divided by 12,15,20 or 54 leaves in each case a remainder 4 is:
(a) 540 (b) 544
(c) 536 (d) 2160
340. Rashit travelled 7 km eastward, then turned left and travelled 6km.
Again he turned left and travelled 9km. In which direction is he travelling now?
(a) South (b) East
(c) West (d) North
341. A property dealer charges 2% commission for selling a flat. He
hands over Rs.35,280 to the owner after deducting his charges. The flat was sold for:
(a) Rs.38000 (b) Rs. 36000
(c) Rs.40000 (d) Rs.36720
342. Paddy: Field:: Steel:?
(a) Factory (b) Iron
(c) Ore (d) Mine
343. Suresh pays 5% of his income as house rent. After spending 60% of the balance, he has Rs.760 left. His income is:
(a) 1200 (b) 1 1 7 3
(c) 2000 (d) 1254
344. Select the odd one:
(a) Konark (b) Khajuraho
(c) Ellora (d) Nathu La
345. If the simple interest for 6 years be equal to 30% of the principal, it will
be equal to the principal after:
(a) 20 years (b) 30 years
(c) 10 years (d) 22 years
346. Which one is the same as Mumbai, Kolkata and Cochin?
(a) Delhi (b) Bangalore
(c) Chennai (d) Lucknow
347. PCWL: REXM:: THNY:?
(a) UIOZ (b) VJOZ
(c) YOJZ (d) VIPZ
348. Select the odd one:
(a) Karamchand Gandhi
(b) Mohandas Gandhi
(c) Raj Mohan Gandhi
(d) Feroz Gandhi
349. A dealer offers a discount of 10% on the marked price of an article
and still makes a profit of 20%. If its marked price is Rs.800, then the cost price of the article is:
(a) Rs.900 (b) Rs.600
(c) Rs.800 (d) Rs.700
350. What should be come in the place of question mark? : NSI,ORG,PQE,QPC,?
(a) BQD (b) APR
(c) BQA (d) ROA
351. A single discount equivalent to successive discounts of 30%,20% and 10%:
(a) 49.6% (b) 50%
(c) 49.4% (d) 51%
352. The cash difference between the selling prices of an article at a profit of 4% and 6% is Rs.3. The ratio of the two selling prices in:
(a) 51:52 (b) 52:53
(c) 51:53 (d) 52:55
353. Rama travels 10kms towards the north, turns left and travels 4kms and turn again turns right and covers another 5 km and turn right and travels another 4 km. How far is he from the starting point?
(a) 5kms (b) 10kms
(c) 15kms (d) 19kms
354. The ratio of a number of boys and that of girls in a school having 504 students is 13:11. What will be the new ratio if 3 more girls are admitted?
(a) 7:6 (b) 6:7 (c) 10:11 (d) 13:14
355. Mother: Child:: Cloud:?
(a) Shine (b) Rain
(c) Water (d) Weather
356. Two cars start at the same time from one point and move along two roads at right angles to each other. Their speeds are 36kmph and 48 kmph respectively. After 15 seconds the distance between them will be:
(a) 400 m (b) 150 m
(c) 300 m (d) 250 m
357. Select the odd one:
(a) Tokyo (b) New Delhi
(c) Birmingham (d) Harare
358. A person deposited a sum of Rs.6000 in a bank at 5% annum simple interest. Another person deposited Rs. 5000 at 8% annum compound interest. After two years, the difference of their interest s will be:
(a) Rs.230 (b) Rs.232
(c) Rs.832 (d) Rs.600
359. Which is different from the other three responses?
(a) Mother (b) Grandfather
(c) Father (d) Wife
360. The largest square tile which could be used to floor a hall 13m 53 cm by 7m 59 cm is:
(a) 23 (b) 41
(c) 33 (d) 1 1