46. The average of five numbers is 57.8. The average of the first and the second numbers is 77.5 and the average of the fourth and fifth numbers is 46. What is the third number?
(a)45 (b) 43
(c) 42 (d) Cannot be determined
47. House: Kitchen:: Plant:?
(a)Root (b) Stem
(c) Flower (d) Leaf
48. Find the odd word:
(a)Skin (b) Nose
(c) Ear (d) Kidney
49. The average marks in Biology in a class test are 52.5. One student’s marks were increased by 8 and, consequently, the average became 52.75. The strength of the class was:
(a) 40 (b) 32
(c) 24 (d) Cannot be worked out
(a)1135 (b) 1288
(c) 316 (d) 2254
51. Which is the odd one?
(a)BYCX (b) CXDW (c) AZYB (d) DWEV
52. The ratio of cost price and selling price of an article is 20:21. What is the profit per cent on it?
(a) 5 (b) 5.5 (c) 6 (d) 6.25
53. Surgeon : Forceps :: ?
(a) Doctor:Prescription (b) Refugee:Asylum
(c) Blacksmith: Hammer (d) Driver: Brake oil
54. 36% of a number is 117. The number is:
(a)252 (b) 153 (c) 225 (d) 325
55. 45, 33, 23, 15, 9, ?
(a)1 (b) 3 (c) 5 (d) 7
56. A train crosses a platform in 4 seconds. What is the length of the platform if the speed of the train is 30 metres per second?
(a)120m (b) 70 m (c) 115 m (d) Data inadequate
57. 15, 20, 18, 23, ____, 26
(a) 21 (b) 25 (c) 20 (d) 28
58. The ratio of length and breadth of a rectangle is 7:6. What is the length of the rectangle if its perimeter is 52 cms?
(a)26 m (b) 14m (c) 28m (d) 7m
59. Sight: Eyes:: Odour:?
(a)Skin (b) Nose (c) Ear (d) Tongue
60. A profit of Rs.19488 is distributed amongst three partners X,Y and Z in the ratio 5:2:7 respectively. What is the total of Y’s and Z’s share?
(a)Rs.9744 (b) Rs.16704 (c) Rs.12528 (d) Rs.14513
61. Point out the word which can be formed using the letters of the given word ‘ALTERNATIVES’:
62. 3, 9, 18, ___, 45, 63
(a) 20 (b) 25 (c) 35 (d) 30
63. Sword: Sheath:: Pen:?
(a)Cap (b) Nib (c) Ink (d) Inkpot
64. If an amount doubles itself in 8 years at simple interest, at the same rate it will become three times in ___ years.
(a) 12 (b) 16 (c) 24 (d) 18
65. KDW, MGT, OJQ,?
(a)MNQ (b) QNM (c) NMQ (d) QMN
66. When all the students of a class are made to stand in rows of 45, 30 such rows are formed. If 50 students are made to stand in each row, how many rows will be formed?
(a) 29 (b) 20 (c) 27 (d) 25
67. Which one of the following responses would be a meaningful order of the following words: (1) Letter (2) Phrase (3) Word (4) Sentence
(a)1,3,4,2 (b) 1,3,2,4
(c) 2,3,1,4 (d) 4,3,1,2
68. If 20 per cent of 40 per cent of a number is 6, then what is the number?
(a) 75 (b) 85 (c) 80 (d) 95
69. An article was sold with 10% profit. Had it been sold for Rs.500, the profit would have been 25%. At what price was it sold?
(a)Rs.440 (b) Rs.400 (c) Rs.360 (d) Rs.550
70. Ammu bought a microwave oven at a discount of 40% on the listed price. What is her percentage of profit if she sells the oven 5% more than the listed price?
(a) 25 (b) 45 (c) 75 (d) Cannot be determined
71. Delhi: India:: Tehran:?
(a)Iran (b) Iraq (c) Saudi Arabia (d) Israel
72. A boat covers a distance of 14km in 4 hours along with the flow. What is the speed of the boat if the speed of the water is 2 km per hour?
(a) 2km/hr (b) 3 km/hr (c) 2.5 km/hr (d) 1.5 km/hr
73. D, G, J, ___, P
(a)M (b) L (c) R (d) N
74. 20 women do a work in 18 days. How many days would 15 women take to complete the work?
(a) 12 (b) 22 (c) 24 (d) Data inadequate
75. Hunter: Gun:: Writer:?
(a)Book (b) Ink (c) Paper (d) Pen
76. The population of a town is 11200. It increases by 25% in the first year and decreases by 15% in the second year. What is the population of the town at the end of 2 years?
(a) 14000 (b) 11900 (c) 16100 (d) 13500
77. 33, 28, 24, ?, 19, 18
(a) 21 (b) 22 (c) 20 (d) 23
78. NJMP: PLOR:: RTVX:?
(a)TVXZ (b) VTXZ (c) TVZX (d) SVZX
79. Select the one which is different from others:
(a) Sports: Ground (b) Cinema: Screen
(c) Drama: Stage (d) Rubber: Erase
80. If two-thirds of one-fourth of one-third of a number is 6, what is the number?
(a)144 (b) 96 (c) 108 (d) 78
81. What has the following places in common? Oval, Leeds, Lords
(a)Football grounds (b) Cricket stadia
(c) Hockey stadia (d) Tennis courts
82. Sixteen men can complete a work in twelve days. In how many days will twenty-four men complete the same work?
(a) 4 (b) 8 (c) 6 (d) 3
83. If 4×3=13 and 5×3=16, then 6×3=?
(a) 18 (b) 20 (c) 21 (d) 19
84. Pratap purchased a book with a 10% discount on the labelled price. How much did he pay if the labelled price was Rs.600?
(a)Rs.480 (b) Rs.360 (c) Rs.540 (d) Rs.340
85. If SHARP is coded as 58034 and PUSH is 4658, then RUSH is coded as:
(a) 3658 (b) 6583 (c) 8546 (d) 4658
86. If a number is reduced by 40% it becomes two-third of another number. What is the ratio of the first number to the second?
(a) 8:9 (b) 10:9 (c) 9:8 (d) 9:10
87. Dog: Canine:: Horse:?
(a)Grass (b) Race (c) Hoof (d) Transport
88. The difference between 75% of a number and 20% of the same number is 378.4. What is 40% of the number?
(a) 266 (b) 267.2 (c) 274 (d) 275.2
89. Sunil’s salary is 80% of Anil’s salary and 120% of Rajesh’s salary. What is Sunil’s salary if Anil’s salary is Rs.15000?
(a)Rs.10000 (b) Rs.18000 (c) Rs.12500 (d) Rs.12000
90. If 248 is related to 3 in the same way 328 is related to:
(a) 7 (b) 5 (c) 4 (d) 6