451. A sum of money lent at compound interest amounts to Rs.1460 in 2 years
and to Rs.1606 in 3 years. The rate of interest per annum is:
(a)12% (b) 11%
(c) 10.5% (d) 10%
452. Which is different from others?
(a)11-13 (b) 11-17
(c) 31-35 (d) 23-29
453. In an examination, it is required to get 40% of the aggregate marks to pass. A student gets 265 marks and is declared fail by 55 marks. What are the maximum aggregate marks a student can get?
(a)650 (b) 800
(c) 750 (d) Cannot be determined
454. Select the odd one:
(a)When (b) Who
(c) Whom (d) Whose
455. The sum of four consecutive even numbers A, B, C and D is 180. What is
the sum of the set of next four consecutive even numbers?
(a)214 (b) 196
(c) 204 (d) 212
456. Step: Staircase:: Soldier:?
(a)Army (b) Rifle
(c) War (d) Bravery
457. A sells an article to B at 15% profit. B sells it to C at 10% loss. If C pays
Rs.517.50 for it then A purchased it at:
(a)Rs.1000 (b) Rs.750
(c) Rs.500 (d) Rs.1250
458. In a certain code, JUNGLE is written as ITMFKD. How is NORM written in that code?
(a)OPSN (b) MNQL
(c) MPQN (d) ONSL
459. Rajiv donated 4% of his income to a charity and deposited the 10% of the
rest in a bank. If now he has Rs.8640 left with him, then his income is:
(a) Rs.12500 (b) Rs.12000
(c) Rs.10000 (d) Rs.10500
460. Bis twice as old as A but twice younger than F. C is half the age of A but is twice older than D. Who is the second oldest?
(a) B (b) F
(c) D (d) C
461. Anu walks 3.36 km. in 4 weeks by walking an equal distance each day.
How many metres does she walk in each day?
(a)100 (b) 80
(c) 140 (d) 120
462. ABC=8:: KLO=?
(a)37 (b) 39
(c) 38 (d) 36
463. Rahul sold an item for Rs.5625 and incurred a loss of 25%. At what price
should he have sold the item to have gained a profit of 25%?
(a)Rs.8250 (b) Rs.10500
(c) Rs.9375 (d) Cannot be determined
464. ADBC:EHFG:: ILJK:?
(a)MOPN (b) MPNO
(c) ORPQ (d) MPON
465. A man sitting in train counts the electric poles. The distance between two poles is 60 metre and the speed of the train is 42 kmph. How many poles will he count in 5 hours?
(a)3501 (b) 3800
(c) 3600 (d) None of these
466. Which is different from others?
(a) Navigator (b) Pilot
(c) Sailor (d) Narrator
467. 12 workers can build a wall in 24 days. In how many days 8 workers will build the same wall?
(a)36 days (b)16 days
(c) 32 days (d) 30 days
468. Arrange the following in a meaningful order: 1.Exhaust 2. Night 3. Day 4.Sleep 5.Work
(a)1,3,5,2,4 (b) 3,5,1,4,2
(c) 3,5,1,2,4 (d) 3,5,2,1,4
469. The average of four consecutive even numbers A, B, C and D respectively is 37. What is the product of A and C?
(a)1520 (b) 1292
(c) 1368 (d) 1224
470. Which number is wrong in the given series: 1,9,25,50,81
(a)1 (b) 25
(c) 81 (d) 50
471. Which is different from others?
(a)25 (b) 37
(c) 49 (d) 57
472. The simple and compound interests on a sum of money for 2 years are Rs.8400 and 8652 respectively. The rate of interest per annum is:
(a)6% (b) 7.5%
(c) 9% (d) 4.5%
473. Find the next two letters in the given series B, C, E, H,L,??
(a)X,Y (b) M,N
(c) Q, W (d) O, P
474. What is the difference between the compound interest and simple interest
on Rs.4000 at 5% per annum for 2 years?
(a)10 (b) 11
(c) 20 (d) 100
475. A General, while arranging his men, who were 6000 in number, in the form of a square, found that there were 71 men left over. How many were arranged in each row?
(a)77 (b) 73
(c) 87 (d) 93
476. A man riding a bicycle completes one lap of a square field along its perimeter at the speed of 39.6 km/hr in one minute 20 seconds. What is the area of the field?
(a)52900 (b) 48400
(c) 44100 (d) Cannot be determined
477. Which is different from others?
(a)Vaseline (b) Quinine
(c) Rubber (d) Resin
478. Rajesh incurred a loss of 45% on selling an article for Rs.3740. What was the cost price of the article?
(a)Rs.5080 (b) Rs.6250
(c) 6800 (d) 6400
479. Earth: Saturn:: Rohini:?
(a)Comet (b) Moon
(c) Sun (d) Aryabhatta
480. The diameter of a wheel is 70 cm. What will be the distance covered in
(a)77m (b) 770m
(c) 570m (d) 970m
481. A clock gains five minutes every hour. What will be the angle traversed by the second hand in one minute?
(a)360 (b) 360.5
(c) 390 (d) 380
482. 20 litres of a mixture contains 20% alcohol and the rest water. If 5 litres of
water be mixed in it, the percentage of alcohol in the new mixture will be:
(a) 18 (b) 18
(c) 15 (d) 16
483. If LOSE is coded as 1357 and GAIN is coded as 2468, what do the figures 84615 stand for?
(a)NAILS (b) SNAIL
(c) LANES (d) SLAIN
484. A group of 7 children has an average age of 12 years. One of them aged 6 leaves the group. What would be the age of the rest of the members after 2 years?
(a)12 years (b) 13 years
(c) 14.5 years (d) 15 years
485. Sty: Pig:: Byre: ?
(a) Eagle (b) Cow
(c) Tiger (d) Hen
486. ACEG: SUWY:: BDFH:?
(a) TVZX (b) RTZV
(c) TVXZ (d) RTVZ
487. The marked price of an article is 25 per cent above cost price. What will be gain per cent after allowing a discount of 12% to the customer?
(a)10 (b) 15
(c) 8 (d) 20
488. On what sum of money will the difference between compound interest
and simple interest for 2 years at 5 per cent is Rs.5?
(a)4000 (b) 2500
(c) 2000 (d) 3500
489. Which number is wrong in the given series 126,98,70,41,14
(a) 98 (b) 70
(c) 126 (d) 41
490. A number is as much greater than 19 as is less than 59. Find that number:
(a) 39 (b) 47
(c) 37 (d) 29
491. Only one meaningful word can be formed by rearranging the letters of the given jumbled word. Find out that word: MUSPOPAPOTIH
(a)METAMORPHIC (b) PHILANTHROPIST
(c) HIPPOPOTAMUS (d) HIPPOCAMPUS
492. The length, breadth and height of a school auditorium are 10m,30m and 10m respectively. The density of the air is 1.3 kg per cubic meter. The mass of the air inside the auditorium is:
(a)39 kg (b) 390 kg
(c) 3900 kg (d) 39000 kg
493. M is the son of P. Q is the granddaughter of O who is the husband of P.
How is M related to O?
(a)Son (b) Father
(c) Daughter (d) Mother
494. The profit earned after selling an article for Rs.878 is the same as loss incurred after selling the price for Rs.636. What is the cost price of the article?
(a)Rs.797 (b) Rs.787
(c) Rs.767 (d) Rs.757
495. Choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the
(a) 28 (b) 36
(c) 46 (d) 38
496. 12 men can do a piece of work in 10 days. How many men would be required to do the same work in 8 days?
(a) 14 (b) 18
(c) 15 (d) 16
497. Negative: Positive:: Odd:?
(a)Prime (b) Composite
(c) Common (d) Even
498. In a hotel, there is provision for food for 200 men for 30 days. After 10 days, 50 more men join them. The remaining food will last for:
(a)16 days (b) 20 days
(c) 12 days (d) 15 days
499. Which is different from others?
(a)Truck (b) Cart
(c) Sledge (d) Bicycle
500. A 480m long train crosses a platform in 140 seconds. What is the speed of the train?
(a) 5m/s (b) 7m/s
(c) 4.5 m/s (d) Cannot be determined