1. CONFRONT (VERB): (सामना करना): challenge
Synonyms: square up to, oppose
He confronted the robbers as they were trying to leave.
2. POISED (ADJECTIVE): (शांतचित्त): self-possessed
Synonyms: self-assured composed
Not every day you saw that poised, competent kid distressed.
3. DESPITE (PREPOSITION): (के बावजूद ): in spite of
Synonyms: notwithstanding, in the face of
Antonyms: because of
He remains a great leader despite age and infirmity.
4. CONSOLIDATE (VERB): (मजबूत करना): strengthen
Synonyms: secure, stabilize
The company consolidated its position in the international market.
5. FLIPPANT (ADJECTIVE): (क्षुद्र): frivolous
Synonyms: superficial, shallow
He made a flippant remark.
6. TIRESOME (ADJECTIVE): (थकानेवाला): boring
Synonyms: dull, tedious
Weeding is a tiresome but essential job.
7. GLORIFY (VERB): (महिमामंडन करना): ennoble
Synonyms: exalt, elevate
A football video went viral glorifying violence.
Synonyms: lessen, let up
In an hour or so the storm would abate and they could leave.
9. FLEETING (ADJECTIVE): (क्षणभंगुर): brief
Synonyms: transient, short-lived
For a very fleeting moment I saw his face.
10. GLOSSY (ADJECTIVE): (सतही आकर्षक): expensive
Synonyms: high-quality, stylish
That is just another glossy TV miniseries.