- When was Uttrakhand formed?
Ans. 9 November 2000
- Uttrakhand is located in which parts of India?
Ans. Northern area
- What is the capital of Uttrakhand?
- At Rudraprayag, The Mandakini River meets with-
Ans. Alaknanda River
- What is the State Fruit of Uttarakhand?
Ans- Kaphal fruit
- When was the U.P. reorganization Bill passed in Lok Sabha?
Ans. 1st August 2000
- Official website of Uttrakhand state is:
- Neighbors state of Uttrakhand is:
Ans. Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh
- Who is the Second chief minister of Uttrakhand?
Ans. Bhagat Singh Khosari
- Who is the Third chief minister of Uttrakhand?
Ans. Narayan Dutt Tiwari
- Who is the Fourth chief minister of Uttrakhand?
Ans. Bhuwan Chand Khanduri
- Who is the Fifth chief minister of Uttrakhand?
Ans. Ramesh Pokhriyal
- Who is the Sixth chief minister of Uttrakhand?
Ans. Vijay Bahuguna
- Who is the Seventh chief minister of Uttrakhand?
Ans. Harish Rawat
- Who is the Eighth chief minister of Uttrakhand?
Ans. Trivendra Singh Rawat
- What is the name of the largest district of Uttrakhand?
- Which is the small Kashmir of Uttrakhand?
- What is the name of the city in Uttrakhand which is known as the City of Lakes?
- Who is the writer of Gharwal painting?
Ans. Sh. Mukandi Lal
- Where is the Kartika swami temple situated?
Ans. Rudraprayag District of Uttrakhand
- How many No. of members of the Legislative Assembly?
- In which year Doon University was established?
- Who founded the Vinoba Village Industries Union in Dehradun in 1954?
Ans. Sh. Shakti Narayan Sharma
- Where is Lal Bahadur Shastri Academy situated?
- In which district of Uttarakhand, Lakha Mandal is situated?
- Who ran the Chipko Movement?
Ans. Smt. Gaura Devi
- Who is called the ‘Gandhi’ of Uttarakhand?
Ans. Sh. Indramani Badoni
- Where is the ‘Central Building Research Institute’ situated in Uttrakhand?
- Which river in Uttarakhand is named as ‘Rathwahini’?
- Where is ‘Sarovar Nagri’ in the state?
- When did the famous ‘Gauchar’ fair begin?
- Where is the Maximum female literacy in Uttarakhand?
- Which famous dam is situated in Uttrakhand?
Ans. Tehri dam
- When did the big earthquake occur in Uttarkashi?
Ans. In 1991
- When and by whom was Uttaranchal Development Council formed?
Ans. May 30-31, 1988 by Soban Singh Jina
- ‘Wadia Institute of Dehradun’ is related to which area of studies?
- Who established the ‘Santikunj’ in Haridwar?
Ans. Pandit Sri Ram Sharma Ji
- Where is the “Tiffin Top” situated?
- When did H.N.B. Garhwal University get the status of Central University?
Ans. January 15, 2009
- When did Martyr ‘Shri Dev Suman’ die?
Ans. July 25, 1944
- The biggest hydroelectric project of Uttarakhand is?
Ans. Tehri Hydroelectric Project
- What is the highest point of Uttarakhand?
Ans. Nanda Devi (7816 meters)
- Where is the maximum rice grown in Uttarakhand?
- Hailey National park is now known as?
Ans. Jim Corbett Park
- Where is the Building Research Institute and Structural Engineering Centers?
- The main source of income of Uttarakhand is?
Ans. Forest resources and tourism
- At present what is the area of Uttarakhand?
Ans. 53.483 km square
- Jim Corbett National Park is situated in which district of Uttarakhand?
- Where is the Sahastradhara waterfall?
- Lansdown is situated in which district of Uttarakhand?
- Famous Kedarnath Temple is situated in?
- By which name is the Haridwar known?
Ans. Kumbh Nagri, Sant Nagri
- The sex ratio in Uttarakhand is?
- Which is known as the queen of hills of Uttarakhand?
- Among the High Courts of the country, the Uttarakhand High Court ranks
- ‘Green-day’ is celebrated on which day in Uttarakhand?
Ans. 5th July
- How many are no. of districts there in Uttarakhand?
- Where is the I.M.A. (Indian Military Academy) situated?
- Chipko Movement is related with—
Ans. Forest Conservation
- What is the percentage of forested area in Uttarakhand?
- Total no. of seats in Lok Sabha for Uttarakhand is—
Ans. 5 seats
- Which district has the largest no. of the population in Uttrakhand?
- The first Chief Justice of Uttarakhand High Court is—
Ans. Justice A.A. Desai
- Where is the Har-Ki-Pauri situated at the bank of river Ganga?
- Where is the Sat-Tal lake situated at Uttarakhand?
- Where is the Tapovan at Uttarakhand situated?
- Where is Laxman jhula in Uttrakhand?
- Where is the Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited situated?
- Where is the Indian Institute of Technology in Uttrakhand?
- How many are no. of Tehsils there in Uttarakhand?
- Who is the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand at present (2018)?
Ans. Sh. Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Source of origin of the Ganga is—
- Why is the Pancheshwar Dam project in controversy?
Ans. For the protection of bio-resources
- What is ‘Milam’?
Ans. A Glacier
- Former Minister Satpal Maharaj is originally—
Ans. A Spiritual Guru
- From which state does First D.G.P. (Director General Police) Sir Ashok Kant Saran belong to—
- Who was the first Chairman of the Public Service Commission of Uttarakhand?
- Where is the tertiary soil in Uttarakhand found?
Ans. Doon Valley
- How many types of soil are found in Uttarakhand?
- When did Baby Queen Maurya take oath as the Governor of Uttrakhand?
Ans. 27 August 2018
- What is the capital of Uttarakhand?
- The largest city of Uttarakhand?
- At present (2018), who is the Governor of Uttarakhand?
Ans- Baby Queen Maurya
- Who is the chief justice of Uttarakhand?
Ans- K. M. Joseph
- What is the official language of Uttarakhand State?
Ans- Hindi, Sanskrit
- What is the State Bird of Uttarakhand?
Ans- Himalayan Monal
- Which state is south of Uttarakhand?
Ans- Uttar Pradesh
- What is the State Flower of Uttarakhand?
Ans- Brahm Kamal
- What is the state tree of Uttarakhand?
- Where is Ambedkar Stadium in Uttarakhand?
- Where is the Indira Gandhi International Sports Complex in Uttarakhand?
Ans-Greater Haldwani (Nainital)
- The Uttarakhand state is divided into divisions?
- The world-famous ‘Valley of flowers’ is situated at?
- How many districts share boundaries with Nainital?
- At which place does River Bhagirathi merge with Alakananda?
Ans. Dev Prayag
- Previously what was the name of Uttarakhand?
- ‘Thangla Pass’ is situated in which district?
- Which district has covered with the largest forests?
- Who was the youngest soldier who got the ‘Victoria Cross’ award in Uttarakhand?
Ans. Sh. Gabar Singh Negi
- Where is the Sahastradhara waterfall in the Uttarakhand?