Ø What is a Two Row Sequence?
In two row arrangement problems, there are two groups of people or objects sitting in two rows and people sitting in a first row facing North or South and vice versa.
No Matter what the model is, the following points are to be noted in order to solve the questions easily.
Read the entire information and understand the statements correctly:
Ø Step 1: Find whether it is One Row Sequence And Two Row Sequence
Ø Step 2: Find the Directions Facing North or South and vice versa.
Ø Step 3: Draw 3 Possibilities Diagram and Choose the Correct One.
Ø Step 4: Solve the questions easily based on the diagram.
Directions (Questions. 01 – 05): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions which follow. Twelve persons are sitting in two parallel rows containing six persons each, in such a way that there is an equal distance between adjacent persons. In row 1 A,B,C,D,E and F are seated(But not necessarily in the same order) and all of them are facing south. In row 2 P,Q,R,S,T, and V are seated (not necessarily in the same order) and all of them are facing north. Therefore in the given seating arrangement, each person seated in row faces another person of the other row.
A sits third to the left of E. The person Facing A sits second to the left of T. two persons are sitting between T and P. C and D are immediate neighbors. C and D do not sit at any of the extreme ends of the line. Only one person sits between B and C. the person facing D is an Immediate neighbor of Q. V is not an immediate neighbor of P. S does not face A.
Two Row Sequence Facing North And South
- In 1stparagraph gives information regarding how many persons and in which direction they face.
- In 2ndparagraph provides positioning of persons.
STEP TO SOLVE THE QUESTION
STEP 1: 12 persons are sitting in parallel rows, and each row contains 6 persons.
In Row 1 – A,B,C,D,E and F are seated and facing towards the south and in
Row 2 – P,Q,R,S,T and V are seated and facing towards north.
From the above information let’s make a parallel row.
STEP 2: A sits third to the left of E. A sits in Row 1 and faces south
Let us place E at the right end of Row 1 ie in position 6. To left of it place A at the third ie in position 3.
STEP 3: Two persons are sitting between T and P, which means to the third left of T, P is placed ie position 3 in Row 2.
STEP 4: C and D are immediate neighbors. C and D do not sit at any of the extreme ends of the line.
C and D can be placed between A and E. They cannot be placed at left extreme end. But position of C and D can be decided by next statement. ie Only one person sits between B and C.
From the above statement D is placed immediate right of E and C is placed immediate left of A and B is placed in immediate left of A.
STEP 5: The person facing D is the immediate neighbor of Q. So Q is placed at the extreme left end of Row 2 ie position 1.
STEP 6: V is not an immediate neighbor of P. V cannot be placed immediately left of P and immediate right of P ie V cannot be placed in position 2 and position 4.
It can be placed immediate left of T. ie in position 5 in Row 2
STEP 7: S does not face A. So R faces direct opposite to A ie in position 4 in Row 2 and S faces direct opposite to D ie position 2 in Row. The remaining One Person is F placed in Row 1 Position 1.
CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWERS BASED ON THE DIAGRAM
- Who amongst the following sits seconds to the right of the person who faces R?
(1) C (2) D (3) B (4) E (5) None of these
Ans (2): D
- Which of the following statements regarding Bis true?
(1) B sits second to the left of C (2) D is an immediate neighbor of B
(3) A sits to the immediate left of B (4) T faces B
Ans (1): B sits second to the left of C
- Who amongst the following faces P?
(1) A (2) D (3) C (4) E (5) None of these
Ans (3): C faces P
- Who amongst the following sits exactly between Tand R?
(1) V (2) Q (3) S (4) P
Ans (1): V sits exactly between T and R.
- Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on the given seating arrangement and thus form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?
(1) F (2) Q (3) T (4) C (5) E
Ans (4): C
POINTS TO REMEMBER
The Meaning of and, who& adjacent in seating arrangement questions:
- If “and” is given in a sentence for ex:A sits third to right of P and sits fourth to right of T. It denotes A sits third right of P, A sits fourth right of T i.e.) the given information is talking about the first person.
- If “who” is given in a sentence,for ex: A sits third to right of P who sits fourth to right of T. It denotes A sits right of P, P sits fourth right of T, the given information is talking about the second person.
Adjacent – means – next to each other not opposite to each other. For ex: A and B is adjacent to each other, which means they are immediate neighbor of each other.