|Famous For||Being the mother of Narendra Modi|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 145 cm
in meters– 1.45 m
in feet inches– 4’ 10”
|Date of Birth||18 June 1923 (Monday)|
|Died||30th December 2022|
|Hometown||Vadnagar, Mehsana, Gujarat|
|Caste||OBC (Modh Ghanchi)|
|Political Inclination||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Affairs, and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Damodardas Mulchand Modi
• Soma Modi (a retired officer from Health Department in Gujarat)
• Amrut Modi (Lathe Machine Operator, Retired)
• Prahlad Modi (Shop Owner)
• Pankaj Modi (Clerk, Information Department of the Gujarat Government)
• Narendra Modi (14th Prime Minister of India)
• Vasantiben Hasmukhlal Modi
Some Lesser Known Facts About Heeraben Modi
- Heeraben Modi is the mother of Narendra Modi, one of the world’s most powerful leaders.
- She got married to a tea stall owner, Damodardas Mulchand Modi in Vadnagar, Mehsana, Gujarat at a very young age.
- Heeraben and her husband Mulchand Modi had six children together; five sons, and a daughter.
- Her third eldest son, Narendra Modi, became the Prime Minister of India in 2014. Earlier, he had served the Chief Minister of Gujarat for four consecutive terms. When he became the Chief Minister of Gujarat for the first time, she had advised him not to take the bribe.
- In an Interview, Narendra Modi stated that she was the pillar of her life and had played a crucial role in his success.
- Before the results of the 2014 General Elections, Modi visited Heeraben for her blessings.
- She got married to Damodardas Mulchand Modi at a very young age.
- Heeraben is the mother of one of the world’s most powerful leaders, .
- Her third eldest son, Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister of India in 2014. Before that, he had served as the chief minister of Gujarat for four consecutive terms. When Narendra became the Chief Minister of Gujarat for the first time, she advised him not to take bribes, she told him,
Beta, kadi lanch na leis.”
- In an interview, Narendra Modi said that her mother was the pillar of his life and has played a crucial role in his success.
- Before the results of 2014, Narendra Modi visited her mother to take her blessings.
- She used to live in the family’s ancestral home in Vadnagar prior to her husband’s death. After her husband’s demise, she shifted to her youngest son, Pankaj’s home.
- During Narendra Modi’s US visit in 2015, he got emotional while talking about his mother in a sit-down with Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg at a town hall session.
- In May 2016, she visited her son, Narendra Modi’s official residence at Race Course Road for the first time. Narendra shared the picture of him showing his official residence to his mother, Heeraben.
- In November 2016, she was seen standing in the ATM queue, supporting her son’s decision on banning old currency notes.
- Narendra Modi paid a visit to her mother again before casting his vote during the 2019 Lok Sabha elections to seek her blessings.
- She cast her vote in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, even at the fragile age of 99.
- After the Narendra Modi-led BJP’s massive win in the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, Heeraben greeted media outside her home.
- In 2014, former Prime Minister of Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif, sent Heeraben a ‘saree’ as a gift. The saree was a return gift for the ‘shawl’ that Narendra Modi had given to Nawaz Sharif’s mother.