- 1 Which is the largest source of energy in India?
- The National Thermal Power Corporation was established in:
- The oldest nuclear power project in India:
- Indira Gandhi atomic power project, Kalpakkam is in:
- Rawatbhatta atomic power project is in:
- Narora atomic power project is in:
- Kaiga atomic power project is in:
- Nuclear power station in Gujarat is situated at:
- The Kudankulam atomic power project in Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu has been built in collaboration with:
- In which river is the Nagarjuna Sagar dam is built?
- The Sardar Sarovar Project in Gujarat is in ……river.
- In which state is Nathpa Jhakri Hydroelectric Power Project?
- In which state is Koyna hydel project?
- In which river is the Sivasamudram project in Karnataka?
- In which state are the Uri, Salal, Dulhasti hydel projects?
- Omkareswar hydel project is in:
- Machkund project is an interstate project of Odish and______:
- Which dam was described as ‘New Temple of Resurgent India’ by Jawahar Lal Nehru?
- Bhakra Dam is located in the village of Bhakra in the Bilaspur region of:
- In which state is Loktak Dam?
- Balimela hydel project is a joint venture of Andhra Pradesh and ……:
- Kalinadi hydel project is in the state of:
- Mettur Dam in Tamil Nadu is in the….. river.
- In which river is the Indira Sagar dam?
- Govind Vallabh Pant Sagar dam is in:
- Maharana Pratap Sagar dam (Pong dam) is in:
- In which river is the Rana Pratap Sagar dam?
- In which river is Nagarjuna Sagar dam?
- In which river is Govind Sagar dam?
- In which river Jawahar Sagar dam ?
- In which state is the Krishnarajasagar dam in Kaveri?
- In which river is Alamatty Dam?
- In which river is Hiracud Dam in Odisha?
- Nizam Sagar dam in Andhra Pradesh is in the…… river.
- In which river is Tawa Dam?
- In which river is Tehri Dam in Uttarakhand?
- In which river is the Ukai project in Gujarat?
- The first multi-purpose project in independent India (1948):
- The highest dam in India:
- In which river is the Bhakra Nangal dam?
- The reservoir of Bhakra dam is known as:
- The Govind Sagar dam in the Shahzad river is in the state of:
- In which river is Gandhi Sagar dam?
- In which river is the Baglihar project and the Dulhasti project in Jammu Kashmir?
- In which river is Osman Sagar Reservoir in Telangana?
- In which river is the Linganamakki dam in Karnataka?
- In which river is Ranjeet Sagar Dam?
- The largest lake in India:
- In which state is Chilka?
- In which lake Breakfast island and Honeymoon island are situated?
- In which year Panchayat Raj system was introduced in Rajasthan?
- In which state does the major part of the Western Ghats lies?
- Which religion belongs to the Lotus Temple in New Delhi?
- In which Indian State Pahari language is spoken?
- Where Rajiv Gandhi was born?
- Where is the headquarters of CAPART(Council for Advancement of People’s Action and Rural Technology) ?
- Suisini is a folk dance of which Indian state?
- The first city in India where radio broadcasting was started:
- In which state is Keonjhar Iron ore mines?
- In which Indian state is Chabali iron ore?
- In which Indian state is Bhilwara silver mines?
- The State in India which has the largest number of Local Self Government Institutions:
- Which is the smallest district in the Indian Union?
- Adhai Din Ka Jhonpara, a mosque constructed during the period of Slave rulers, was situated at:
- Gopinath Bordoloi was an eminent freedom fighter and recipient of Bharat Ratna belonged to the State of:
- Amarnath is a holy place for:
- Lepchas are the tribal people in:
- Which is called ‘the Pearl Harbour of India’?
- The second-largest Union Territory in In- dia, in terms of area:
- The most widely spoken foreign language in India:
- The biggest state-run organisation in India?
- The parent script of the Indo-Aryan and Dravidian languages:
- Where is the National Institute of Nutrition?
- In which state are Zawar mines?
- In which state is Almora hill station?
- The coastline of India including those of the islands is:
- In which country is Arakan Yoma, an extension of the Himalayas located?
- The State which instituted the Kanshi Ram Sports Award:
- The mountain range between Narmada and Tapti:
- Which State has the lowest number of Members in the Legislative Assembly?
- In which state is Bhilai Steel Plant?
- The highest peak in Pakistan?
- To which mineral ‘Raniganj’ is associated?
- The National Institute of Visually Handicapped is situated at:
- Which Indian state has the largest number of Loksabha seats?
- Gandhiji spent 2089 days in Indian prisons. Where was his last confinement?
Aga Khan Palace, Pune
- The venue of the first National Games held in 1985:
- To which language do Tulu has belonged?
- Chandranagar, a former European colony was added to the State of …….in 1954:
- The most abundant fruit in India:
- Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology is the first agricultural university in India. It is in the state of:
- In which Indian state is Dharavi, India’s largest slum?
- Which port city in India is situated on Salsette island?
- Which is the largest Tiger Reserve in India?
Nagarjuna Srisailam sanctuary
- Parameswarakund is a place of pilgrimage in the state of:
- During the epic period which region in India was known as ‘Pragjyotisha’:
- The first expressway of India:
- Veeresalingam was a reformer in:
- Who was known as ‘Socrates of Maharashtra’:
- The new name of Sudhamapuri:
- The setting for Rudyard Kipling’s ‘Jungle Book’:
Kanha National Park
- The Virupaksha Temple is situated at:
- The largest religion in Lakshadweep:
- The oldest municipal corporation in India:
- Madurai is situated on the banks of the river:
- A hill station in India set up by Americans:
- Which type of landform is occupied by the largest portion of India?
- Which country has the world’s highest percentage of arable land to the total geographical area:
- Which country has the world’s largest cattle and buffalo population?
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park is in:
- The hottest period all over India:
- To which religion Palitana is Gujarat is related?
- The first Asian country to start Community Development Project:
- What is the section of the Indian Penal Code forbidding the assembly of more than 5 persons:
- Jog Falls, the highest waterfall in India is situated in the river:
- The Danish East India Company was formed in 1616. ……… in Tamil Nadu coast was their main centre.
- Antarctica Study centre in India is situated at:
- The old name of ‘Rashtrapathi Bhavan’:
- Pragati Maidan, which is famous for trade fairs, is situated in:
- In which Indian state Asia’s first oil refinery was established?
- The place which is known as the “Mecca of temple architecture”:
- Longest tributary of Indus:
- Namdapha Tiger Reserve is in the state of:
- In Uttar Pradesh, the seat of High Court is:
- Jatra is a folk dance drama popular in the villages of:
- On which river is the Bhakra Nangal project built?
- Where one can see ‘Amar Jawan Jyothi’?
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd. is situated at:
- The oldest paramilitary force in India:
- Kaiga Power Project is in the state of:
- Indian Cancer Research Centre is situated at:
- The most populated princely state in India at the time of independence:
- Sir Ronald Ross was born at:
- The first state in South India where President’s rule was declared for the first time:
- The largest non-capital city in South India:
- The 8th city of Delhi:
- Saddle Peak is the highest peak in the Andaman and Nicobar group of islands. It is located in:
- The most famous monument in India:
- The state in India with the largest percentage of rural population:
- Bibi-ka-Makbara is situated in:
- The Ganges beyond Farakka, after entering Bangladesh is known as:
- The oldest rocks in India:
- Ahmedabad is in the banks of:
- The Simhachalam Temple is dedicated to:
- To which religion ‘Tower of Silence’ is related?
- Badrinath is on the banks of:
- Uttaramerur inscription belongs to the period of:
- The most populous island in India:
- India’s first large scale steel plant in the private sector was established at:
- The headquarters of the North East Hill University (NEHU):
- The battle which determined the fate of the French in India:
- The hill resort in Tamil Nadu where the Malayalee Temple is situated:
- Who designed Mysore Palace?
- Who designed the Prince of Wales Museum in Mumbai?
- The cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad are separated by:
Hussain Sagar lake
- Dona Paula is a chief port in the state of:
- The district in Jammu and Kashmir 37,555 sq. km of which is under illegal occupation by China:
- The first state in India to implement Land reforms Bill and Education Reforms Bill:
- What is often called ‘Baby Taj’?
Mausoleum of Itmad-ud-Daulah
- India’s largest Mahayana Buddhist Monastery is Tawang Gompa. It is in the state of:
- India’s first private airport was opened in 1999 in the state of:
- Chitharal Hills are in the state of:
- The first memorial of a Sati, found at Eran, is dated 510 B.C. Eran is in:
- In which Indian state was Bhoodan Movement launched?
- India Gate is situated in:
- Which state is called the Scotland of the East?
- Yakshagana is the dance form of:
- Which state is known as the ‘Kohinoor of India’?
- The first state in India to conduct elections to Panchayat Raj Institutions after the 73rd amendment of the Constitution was brought into effect:
- What percentage of the world area is occupied by India:
- In which Indian state is Vembanad Lake?
- Which country has India the longest border?
- The highest peak of western ghats or Sahyadri is Anaimudi. It is in:
- The meeting ground of eastern, western and southern ghats:
- The hi ghest peak of the Nilgiris:
- The river which marks the international boundary between India and Nepal:
- Which state has the largest acreage of forest in India?
- Lunej Petrol producing area is located in:
- In India, the first unit of the cement industry was established in 1904 at:
- The tribal population in Andaman and Nicobar Islands belong to the:
- In which river is Gandhi Sagar Dam?
- National Remote Sensing Agency is located in:
- The world’s highest road connects:
- The NH-44 is the longest national highway in India. It connects:
- Into how many Pincode zones the country divided?
- The earth station for satellite communication is located at:
- The STD facility was first introduced in 1960 between:
- Which is called the ‘Ruhr of India’:
- The only anthropoid ape found in India:
- Which was the second district to achieve total literacy in India?
- The passage between South Andaman and Little Andaman?
- Where is Gulf of Mannar located?
East of Tamil Nadu
- When were the states of India organised on a linguistic basis?
- The highest peak in Indian territory including the disputed areas is K2. In which range it is located?
- The total area covered by the Himalayas is about:
500000 sq. km
- In which state are the Aravalli ranges located?
- Where is the Maikal range located?
- The territorial waters of India extend upto how many nautical miles?
- Which river in India is called Tsangpo in one of its reaches?
- In which area does the Sabarmati rise?