- Dense to very dense fog occurred at most places over Punjab and Uttar Pradesh, at many places over Uttarakhand, Haryana, Chandigarh, and Delhi, and at isolated places over Rajasthan on 26 Jan 2024, Friday.
- Panchayati Raj Minister Giriraj Singh lauded the government’s commitment to democratic ideals, emphasizing that the prosperity of villages is integral to the nation’s progress.
- President Droupadi Murmu hosted an At-Home reception at Rashtrapati Bhavan on the occasion of the 75th Republic Day this evening.
- Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying Minister Parshottam Rupala on 26th Jan 2024, Friday interacted with beneficiaries of Rashtriya Gokul Mission and Fisheries Department.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the annual NCC PM rally at the Cariappa Parade Ground in Delhi on 27th Jan 2024, Saturday.
- Foreign Secretary Vinay Kwatra on 26th Jan 2024, Friday said that the India-France Defence Industrial Roadmap is among the key outcomes of French President Emmanuel Macron’s visit to India.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken greets India on its 75th Republic Day
- Nation celebrates 75th Republic Day with impressive display of its military might and rich cultural heritage at Kartavya Path in New Delhi
- Republic Day was also celebrated in Indian Missions abroad. The High Commission of India in Colombo celebrated the Republic Day in all its diplomatic offices in Sri Lanka.
- The government has announced the Padma Awards for the year 2024. The list comprises five Padma Vibhushan, 17 Padma Bhushan, and 110 Padma Shri Awards.
- President Droupadi Murmu has approved Gallantry awards to 80 Armed Forces personnel, including 12 posthumous.
- Nari Shakti Vandan Adhiniyam will prove to be a revolutionary tool for women’s empowerment, says President Murmu
- Union Minister Giriraj Singh to interact with Panchayat representatives, invited as Special Guests for Republic Day Celebrations
- In a landmark decision, the International Court of Justice (ICJ) on 26th Jan 2024, Friday ordered Israel to allow humanitarian access.
- In a significant step, Turkey’s President Tayyip Erdogan has approved Sweden’s NATO membership following ratification by Parliament on Tuesday.
- French President Emmanuel Macron on 26th January 2024, Friday said France aims to have thirty thousand Indian students in 2030.
- In the U.S., Director General of the Israel Ministry of Defense, Major General Eyal Zamir held meetings with the US Department of Defence and Department of State leadership in Washington yesterday.
- In Cricket, India were well placed with a score of 421 for 7, taking a lead of 175 runs against England at Stump’s on day two of the first Test of a five-match series in Hyderabad.
- In FIH Hockey5s Women’s World Cup, Team India today stormed into the semifinals after defeating New Zealand 11 1 at Muscat in Oman.