- Chairman of the High-Level Committee on One Nation One Election, Ram Nath Kovind met and interacted with Praful Patel and Sunil Dattatray Tatkare of NCP as part of his consultations with political parties.
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication , a leading institution for Journalism and Mass Communication, has been declared as a deemed to be University under a distinct category by the Education Ministry on the advice of the University Grants Commission .
- Budget Session of Parliament begins with President’s address to joint sitting of both the Houses
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will present the Interim Budget 2024 in the Lok Sabha at 11 AM today.
- The District Court of Varanasi has given permission for worship in the basement called Vyaasji ka tahkhana, located in the Gyanvapi complex.
- Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh is scheduled to visit Visakhapatnam to preside over the Commissioning Ceremony of INS Sandhayak at Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam on the 3rd of February.
- Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav said that India has increased its tally of Ramsar sites to 80 by adding five more wetlands to the list.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today termed President Droupadi Murmu’s address to the Joint Sitting of both Houses of Parliament as extensive and insightful which highlighted the collective strength of 140 crore Indians.
- Government has slashed the import duty by 5 percent on some parts used for manufacturing of mobile phones.
- The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority has opened bidding for the PFRDA- Tracking Reporting Analytics and Compliance E-Platform RFP as part of Technology Architecture
- The government today appointed four members of the Sixteenth Finance Commission, with the approval of the President of India.
- The India Meteorological Department has said that Delhi is going through its coldest January in 13 years.
- Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha have revoked the suspension of 14 Member of Parliaments who were penalized during the last Parliament session.
- Foreign Secretary Vinay Mohan Kwatra met Prime Minister of Bhutan Tshering Tobgay to discuss multifaceted cooperation between India and Bhutan.
- India nominates ‘Maratha Military Landscapes’ for 2024-25 UNESCO World Heritage List
- Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation Amit Shah launched the computerization scheme for the offices of the Registrar of Cooperative Societies and Agriculture and Rural Development Banks of the states in New Delhi .
- Defence Secretary Giridhar Aramane co-chaires 12th Joint Military Cooperation Committee meeting in Muscat today
- The fourth Foreign Office Consultations between India and Portugal was held in New Delhi , with a focus on political relations, deepening of trade and investment, cooperation in defence, science and technology, and energy.
- In a case of escalating tensions in Europe, Spanish and Italian farmers join protest that aims to press governments to ease environmental rules and shield them from rising costs and cheap imports.
- Minister of State for External Affairs Dr. Rajkumar Ranjan Singh attended the Indonesia-India Business Forum in New Delhi today.
- Pakistan’s former PM Imran Khan & his wife jailed for 14 years in graft case; says his party
- India finished at the fifth spot in the inaugural FIH Hockey5s Men’s World Cup Oman 2024 in Muscat after defeating Egypt in their final game by 6-4.
- As the Khelo India games drew to a close yesterday, Maharashtra bagged the overall championship for the fourth time in six editions with
- Ladakh is geared up to host the first part of the 4th Edition of the Khelo India Winter Games scheduled to commence officially from February 2 to 6 at Leh.
- Union Sports Ministry issues strict warning to suspended WFI president Sanjay Singh